Welcome New Parents!
To begin the registration process, please use the link to complete the online registration form:
https://genesis.genesisedu.com/chesterfield/openRegPrint out registration form, universal child health record and health history questionnaire, complete them and scan/upload when prompted to complete the online registration.After completing online registration, you will be sent a sign up link at a later date to schedule your Kindergarten Screening appointment. Screening dates are TBD.
To help you prepare for the process, below are the forms you will need to bring with you to the Main Office once scheduled.
- Original Birth Certificate of Student (w/raised seal)
- Proof of Residence (e.g., utility, tax bills, lease, closing statement)
- Transfer Card: For students that are tranferring from another school, bring with you, the tranfer card given to you by your previous school.
- Health Forms – please print, complete and bring with you:
- Immunization Requirements
- Universal Child Health Record -
- Please have this form filled out by your child’s doctor. If your child’s doctor appointment is after the kindergarten screening date, you may bring the form to our nurse after the doctor visit. This form must be returned with an updated immunization record before your child can start school.
- Health Release Form
- Health History Questionnaire
- Emergency Contact Form
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE AND ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Registration Forms – please print, complete and bring with you:
Registration - Any parent/guardian wishing to enroll a child or children in the Chesterfield Township Elementary School Program must complete the online registration. Forms should be completed and submitted with the online regitration. The school will call to schedule an appointment for you to come in and bring your child's birth certificate, transfer card (if applicable), proof of residency and Universal Child Health Record.
Kindergarten Entrance Age - In order to be eligible to be enrolled in the Kindergarten Program, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 30th. Administrative policy stipulates that all children must attend an approved kindergarten program before being admitted into the first grade.
Kindergarten Entrance Requirements - All children enrolling in kindergarten at Chesterfield School must present an original birth certificate; proof of MMR 1 & 2, complete DPT and polio series plus boosters after age 4, hepatitis B, and chicken pox vaccine; and be a resident of Chesterfield Township.
Class Placement - Children, who are transferring to the Chesterfield Township School from another recognized school, will normally be placed in the same grade level that they had been in at their previous school. However, Chesterfield School has the right and responsibility to place the child in the most appropriate grade level, class or program suitable for the child. Transfer students must submit copies of transfer cards and health records at the time of enrollment.
Note: If a student being registered is living in any type of temporary residence or other accommodations, or is doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship, he or she may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act. You have the right to enroll the student in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment.